Thursday, August 16, 2012

If I Could Create a Soundtrack for Piercing the Fold...

...it would most definitely encompass the textures and rhythms of these songs.  These are the songs that inspired the creativity and the wonder in Piercing the Fold's storyline, character development, and over all flow. 
When I was in high school, I was involved in the creative writing department.  The teacher that headed up our department was Mr. Larry Gries at John Marshall High School in San Antonio, Texas. I have one vivid memory of him playing different types of music while we wrote.  He introduced me to the techniques of using music to help evoke creative thought and wondering. 
When I started writing Piercing the Fold in November 2010, I started with music in the background.  These songs that I have put onto the Piercing the Fold Playlist to share with you.  On my website I have labeled specific scenes that I wrote while listening to that song. 
Thanks so much Mr. Gries...your teachings have not been forgotten after all of these years. 

I hope you enjoy the playlist as much as I have,
V
CLICK HERE TO GO TO MY WEBSITE AND LISTEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers