Thursday, January 31, 2013

Venessa Kimball's Piercing the Fold Series Blog Tour Ramping Up!!!!


My first blog tour for both Piercing the Fold: Book 1 and the release of Surfacing the Rim: Book 2 in the Piercing the Fold series is right around the corner.   18 amazing bloggers have signed on as blog stops during the tour! Each blog stop will have insights, spotlights, reviews, and more involving the Piercing the Fold series. 
Each blogger will also have a giveaway up their sleeve!  That's right....18 bloggers, over a 10 day tour, having giveaways for their followers!  Are you going to follow this tour?  I hope so!

  The support that I have received from these bloggers  has been beyond what I could have imagined for my first tour.  Following their experienced guidance, some of them have  told  me that promotions for blog tours start weeks before the actual tour.  
So, to kick off the promotion for the tour, I am sharing a  Surfacing the Rim: Book 2 excerpt!  Make sure to follow this blog as well as the bloggers that will be taking me and the Piercing the Fold series on tour!  You won't want to miss anything that will be shared about the tour between now and March 5th!   
Blog tour schedule with the 18 bloggers will be coming soon! 
Enjoy the teaser,  
~V

*This excerpt is raw and unedited.  Editing and adjustments may occur to the current excerpt prior to publication in March.* 

Surfacing the Rim: Book 2 TEASER #1
Ezra grimaces realizing what needs to happen next.
“Jes and Nate are going to want to know why I am leaving town.”
Sebastian turns to Ezra.
“It is time they know everything. They need to be prepared for what is coming.”
Ezra looks at Sebastian with intensity. Ezra blows out his lip anticipating that Jesca may not forgive him for what he has kept from her again. Ezra lets out a low growl of frustration knowing he would get the third degree from both Jesca and Nate.Ignoring Ezra’s obvious frustration, Sebastian leads Ezra to the nearby sitting area. Sebastian sits down on the chair and Ezra on the bench.

Sebastian leans back and closes his eyes, letting the sun warm his face. “Nate will be level headed about it. Jesca will be mad and frustrated. Your intentions to protect her have always been pure at heart and she will realize this. Telling young guardians what we are considering here is overwhelming and a reason to run, instead of staying and fighting. We both know that Jesca is different. She will stay and want to understand what is within her. Jesca’s abilities are just beginning to surface. She is treading lightly with them right now. As she practices and uses her abilities, she will accept them as her own.”

Sebastian opens his eyes and looks at Ezra. “You and I know that they have always been her own. The abilities that are innate within her can only be held at bay for so long. Just as they were within Anna, they are within Jesca. Just as Anna fought for humanity, Jesca will fight.”
Ezra’s looks at Sebastian. Tears well up in Ezra’s light brown eyes.
“Yes. She will fight until the very end. And, that is what I’m fearful of.”





 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I would love to join your blog tour if you have an opening. Any date is fine with me...I'll just add it to my calendar if you let me know. I think a character interview would be really cool but if you'd rather I do another feature then I'm fine with that.
    Laurie

    Laurie's Thoughts and Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Followers