Sunday, March 17, 2013

How Did It Go? Surfacing the Rim: Book 2 Release Party and Blog Tour




Wow!  I'm thinking they call it a release for two reasons.  First,  the release of a book is a physical distribution of the book.  But, there is also an emotional release on the author's part.  All of the build up and anticipation breaks free.  Yesterday was the release party on Facebook.  It was amazing.  I didn't have one for Piercing the Fold: Book 1. When I published my first book, I  didn't have a clue about Facebook release parties.  So, this was my first and one I will never forget;  a beautiful memory for Surfacing the Rim: Book 2 indeed! 



The blog tour was also an experience that was a beautiful memory for the series.  Since PtF: Book 1 didn't have a release,  I wanted to make sure that potential readers got a larger picture about the series and the direction it was taking with book 2!  We really got into the meat of the series at multiple blog stops, highlighting some behind the scenes details that had not been shared with the public until the tour. 

Today,  I stayed away from my pc (until now that is).  After 10 days of the blog tour as well as the 2 day release party,  I was mentally drained...but in a good way.  Does that make sense?  



I want to thank every single person that attended the blog tour and release party!  I loved corresponding via blogs, email, and facebook with the tourists and guests!  I "met" so many people and made so many connections with them.  Above all, these connections know more about my passion,  my writing, and the Piercing the Fold series. 

This week, I'm going to hang out and relax a bit.  I reeeaaallly want to get started on Book 3 in the series though.  I will definitely be spending some time in the cave this week and getting back on a writing schedule after the 10 day hiatus for the tour and release. 

Blessing and Warm Wishes,
~V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers