Saturday, April 20, 2013

Calling All Artists World-Wide! Piercing the Fold Series Illustration Contest 2013. Chances for Publication in Ascending the Veil: Book 3


 

 Hi Everyone,
When I began this  journey as an author in 2012, my sole mission  was to reach and inspire readers with the Piercing the Fold series.  It is a blessing to be able to write that since  the independent publications of both Piercing the Fold: Book 1 and  Surfacing the Rim: Book 2, fans and followers of the series have been inspired and want it to be brought to life in the most creative ways! 
With the series still blooming, Book 3 and Book 4 are coming,  fans a sending pictures of fan art and fan jewelry that they have created in tribute to the series.  I never thought that Piercing the Fold would stir so many fans creative juices.  
 Recently (upon the  the request of fans)  a  tribute jewelry piece has been designed,  approved by me, and is currently being marketed by Cody Melton with The Melton Pot.  I have to brag on Cody for a bit ;).  Cody  is a superb metal smith that has created multiple tribute pieces for JK Rowling’s  Harry Potter series as well as Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games series.   Piercing the Fold’s first tribute piece, “The Copula”, is breath-taking and caters tediously to the literary description in Piercing the Fold: Book 1  .  Cody took my description and within weeks, I was holding "The Copula" in my hand and wearing it around my neck.  As I write this,  I can't help but run my hand over it. 

So, this brings me to the main reason of my post!  I was recently  approached by a fan via Facebook, Tami.  Tami has a passion for sketch art and she messaged me to ask if I had ever considered an art contest for the PtF  series.   She even said she wanted to work on a sketch herself.   I was so touched that my lil' ol' books had inspired someone to use their passion of art to bring a character to life!   We chatted back and forth about the idea of illustrations and that is when the wheels started turning in my head.  I knew that I needed to highlight illustration artists and create a platform of opportunity for them. 

 

 Being fascinated  and enamored by  all forms of art that people create my whole life, I have decided to  offer both graphic and sketch artists world-wide an opportunity to be highlighted as  contributing illustrators within  the publication of my  third book in the Piercing the Fold series,  Ascending the Veil: Book 3; due to release September 2013. The contest will be called the Piercing the Fold Series Illustrations Contest 2013.    The illustrations chosen  will be companion illustrations for the PtF series.   The cover will be commissioned by Kate Cowan with K.C. Design, but all interior illustrations will be selected from 4 winning illustrators from this contest.  
 So many talented artists surround us and are never recognized for their craft.  Each of them have a story as to why they have a passion for art.  So many of them never get the opportunity to be acknowledged for their passion for multiple reasons; be it not enough resources,  economic burdens, or lack of support for their passion as an artist.   That is just naming a few.  I have the opportunity to share my passion through the written word with this series.  I want to share the opportunity I have been blessed with and give a few artist an opportunity to be acknowledged and celebrated for their passion of bringing life to "the imagined"  through visual art.  

The Piercing the Fold Series Illustration Contest 2013 will be open for original series inspired submissions from independent illustration artists beginning May 1, 2013 and ending July 20, 2013. A full description and notice for the contest can be located on my website at www.VenessaKimball.net as well as updates on my Facebook and Twitter pages.  Any questions can be directed to me at  venessakimballauthor@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers