Monday, June 2, 2014

Calm After the Whirlwind~

Sigh. . .

Last I blogged I was a couple of days out from release of the final book in the Piercing the Fold series.

Day before release, I spent the evening with a group of awesome teens at Cedar Park High School here in the Austin Metro Area.  The Cedar Park High School book club had me join in to introduce the series to their school as well as make a donation of Piercing the Fold: Book 1, Surfacing the Rim: Book 2, and Ascending the Veil: Book 3.
I  can honestly say I wouldn't have wanted to be any where else the night before my release....being among readers, specifically YA readers was a beautiful way to hail in the release.
Well, the release was phenomenal and the entire series ranked in the top 25 best selling in the YA Sci-Fi Dystopian category on Amazon within days of release!  It was pretty surreal seeing all four books doing so well and the final book getting amazing reviews.  It is always a fear that the finale will fall short, let alone the sequels of a series.  It makes me so proud to know that the readers are posting the complete opposite!  Still in awe of the responses.  *pinching self*

What's next. . .  The calm after the whirlwind.

Since the release, I have been invited back to Cedar Park High School by the Writing Club.  They were interested in having a Q and A about my writing process.  It was perfect timing since I am starting my next novel (YA Contemporary Fiction)  Dismantling Evan (Working Title).  Everything about the starting process was fresh for them to pick and prod.
I know they might be surprised, but being with these students and bouncing ideas off of each other was so inspirational and motivating to me.  Plus, we played a really cool game... and I will forever be branded as "C-7" for the rest of my existence ;)
I absolutely love school visits and hope to do more in the coming 2014/2015 school year in the Central Texas area.

Dismantling Evan. . . (Working Title) YA Contemporary Fiction
  For the past few weeks I have been reading, reading, reading;   Fan-girling over my favorite authors.  I had a lot of catching up to do.  I was only away from my writing cave for 4 days before I started "brewing" Dismantling Evan.   The rough outline is done... the mental movie has played out in my head.  The clean outline is being drafted on another screen as I type this.
This one is going to take me places that are out of my comfort zone...I can feel it just from the outline.  And, that is good!  That is what I had hoped when I first envisioned this story in my head.   More will be coming on the Dismantling Evan forefront in the coming weeks.

Events. . .


June 14th I will be heading to the Houston area for the Very Paranormal Book Rave in Pasedena TX / Barnes and Noble.   I will be there for a book signing and meet/greet along with many amazing Young Adult, New Adult, and Adult Authors.  Hope Central Texas fans and readers can make it by.

This is the first of a few events I have lined up between 2014 and 2015.  Make sure to check the Events/ Signings page on this blog for more info.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers